Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lucy's Sketch Challenge #2

I love sketches but am terrible at them.  
One of my New Years crafty resolutions is to try more of the stuff I am terrible at so I'll be attempting to conquer a few things I generally don't do.

Oh, this is funny... 
Another New Years crafty resolution is to clean up my craft room whenever I stop crafting.  
(Not when I'm done... but whenever I stop.  I'm never "done" crafting!)
:)
HA!  We'll see how long that one lasts.

Lucy is providing sketches again and I had to play along. 
Here's Lucy's Sketch for challenge No. 2:
Fantastic sketch, isn't it!

For my card, I really wanted to find two of something.

I pulled out the Tiny and Tremendous Treats: Valentine but realized that the pail & shovel ARE two things.  That counts, right?:) 

Then I put Tiny Treats away (since I'm cleaning up while crafting too) and went to town. 
I looked at my background papers but settled on breaking the sketch and opted for the Heart Border die from Papertrey Ink.  Sigh.  That heart border die just makes me happy.    I stitched the end to bring the sketch back in... that counts for something, right?  
I love that paper pieced pail, especially the red polka dot shovel.  
I have a paper piecing addiction.  

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the sketch Lucy.  
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Lucy Abrams said...

i dig THIS card!!!! Everything about it!!! Oh, and now I want a stripy bucket and polka dot spade. :)